Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

The Happy Luceteer, Part 2

I've been playing with the lucet again. There's a technique of adding beads to form loops along one side of the braid - I showed an example in my first post about luceting. I began to wonder what would happen if I passed the frogging line (with the beads on) through the braid in different ways.

This technique involved passing the frogging line in through one side of the braid, and out through the other. It's slightly different from the previous techniques because it keeps going in the same direction all the time. The other techniques usually go in one direction and then back again.

This one was fiddly, but I like the way it looks as if the beads are wrapping around the braid. I made it into a necklace that sits just at the collar-bone, and I think this shows off the delicate bead details. It's a subtle and delicate design when made with seed-beads. I'll be interested to try it with larger beads to see how it changes the impact. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to manage it without tying myself in knots!

H.x

This piece is for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comments. It's great to hear from fellow crafters.